Phase One Reopening
On May 7th, 2020, Governor Larry Hogan lifted the “Stay at home” order and
allowed us to return to provide dentistry for our patients. We are excited to see
everyone again. As you have already known, cases for Covid-19 are still
relevant. We have been working diligently to improve our services and protocols
to help prevent the spread of the disease and to protect our team, our patients,
and our community. We will resume our services in phases. At this time, for the
first two weeks, we will take care of our urgent cases that were postponed during
the “Stay at home” order or any current emergencies. We will resume hygiene
and all other appointments at the beginning of June. Please see the link below to
schedule your appointment.
The following protocols will be carried out to ensure the safety of all of our
patients and staff.
1. Pre-appointment confirmation calls: The front desk will contact you to
confirm your appointment and ask you a few questions.
2. New scheduling protocols: Each appointment is given an extra 10
minutes to allow proper disinfection and to adhere to the social-distancing
3. Limitations on companions: Only patients are allowed entry within the
office. Family members or friends must remain outside in the car.
4. Curbside Waiting Room: Please call us when you arrive and remain in
your car until we notify you that your treatment room is ready.
5. Temperature checks: All patients are checked for fever with our infrared/
6. Straight to the treatment room: You will be escorted to the treatment
room as soon as you enter the office.
7. Mask requirements: All patients are required to wear a mask while in
8. No Gloves: Please remove your gloves and dispose of properly before
you enter the office.
9. Writing pen: Patients may bring a pen if they wish or use ours (wiped
down after use).
10. If you are sick and do not feel well, please inform the office
immediately by calling ahead of your appointment.
● Daily health assessment and temperature check of team members at the
beginning of the day.
● Full personal protective equipment(PPE) for all surgical team members.
● Mask is worn by all team members at all times. This mask is different from
the mask worn during the procedure.
● Ongoing training on OSHA and infection control protocol and close
monitoring for compliance.
● Continuous and thorough disinfection of ALL surfaces in the office
● Installation of air purifiers in treatment rooms and common areas.
● Installation of High Volume Evacuation units to limit the spread of aerosols.
● A glass partition at the reception desk.
Dr. Stan Nova
Nova Dental Gaithersburg